Verifying second guest

Emily76
Level 2
New York, NY

Verifying second guest

Hello all,

I am a new host here in brooklyn,

I have booked my first guest(s) for this Sunday, A lady and her boyfriend coming to town for her birthday. Although she is verified, i have no idea who her "boyfriend" is. That was my fault for not digging further. I noticed on her page, she has gotten 2 good reviews (both from this week) but nothing mentioning her boyfriend, just her. So, when someone books a room for two people but information is only given for one person, am I out of line for requesting the 2nd parties information? How do you go about getting information about the 2nd party ?

Thank you in advanced!

18 Replies 18

With all due respect, Linkedin is as crazy as Facebook.

I don't ask for verification of the second guest.  This is nuts!

In every instance where I've travelled, my husband booked the reservation for two and I was a non-issue.

We all need to chill out and let go of the fear.

Lexena0
Level 2
Burbank, CA

I am new to Airbnb, Would you tell me how to check out my guest page with Airbnb, 

Martha-and-Dennis0
Level 6
Scottsdale, AZ

If you have more people than the person booking staying in your house, you absolutely have the right to know who they are in advance of the booking/stay. It is not unheard of for a person with a 'clean airbnb' profile to book for other people who then stay in the house. The person who booked never even shows up.

So we just had a guest who said he was coming up from Lake Tahoe to take his friend to the Reno airport that night and didn't want to drive back home late at night. He said that he'd like to hang out and enjoy the gardens with her until departure time. Sounds innocent enough. Except that they proceeded to enjoy an afternoon trist and soil (that's putting it nicely) our white sheets and towels, not even trying to be careful with our belongings. All this While we were IN the house...we had to leave to avoid a horrible confrontation. This woman turned out to be about 20 yrs older than himself (he was 21) and I'm not so sure she wasn't a prositute; we DO live in NV. 

So I agree that it certainly IS important to ask about the second guest and will be screening much more carefully in the future. Someone mentioned that we all need to just chill out...um, not if you're receiving guests into your own living quarters. It's a legitimate concern. Airbnb's are Not hotels, motels, flop houses or hook up spots. We are good people sharing our very nice homes (in most cases) with those who need a safe, clean place to sleep while passing through. So Emily, thank you for bringing up the topic as it's given me food for thought.