Very, very low ranking

Answered!
HassanandKatja0
Level 2
Agadir, Morocco

Very, very low ranking

We had the advice from Matthew to improve our ranking by giving discount. At the moment people can't find us because we are the last one in every list. Will they find us with discount? If that's true it's discrimination of Airbnb. If not it want change anything, because people will not find us...and we are already quite cheap. 

Who has experience with this?

Thank you, Katja&Hassan

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@HassanandKatja0  I searched for your place and found it on the first page having narrowed down by entire house, price and  no instant book.  You have 5 reviews and one is a cancellation.  Whenever you have a negative review, provide a response explaining it.  More than likely potential guests will be understanding. 

Some thoughts:  Check your stats to see how many views you are getting.  Your price seems to be average so look at your pictures.  I would make the bedrooms and bathrooms come up early in the list and the beach picture should be second or third.  Since you have a cancellation, drop your price a little until you get more bookings.  Hope this helps!

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@HassanandKatja0

You have a host cancellation on your account - that is what is pushing you way down in the search results. 

Thanks Marit Anne, we know. That was almost one year ago and we did not know. She was not with our houserules and agreed to cancel. If we knew at the time we eould have her cancel the trip.Do you know when the cancellation will be removed?

Thanks Katja&Hassan

@HassanandKatja0 it will never be removed from the reviews.

After a year it won't count against being a SuperHost, but I don't think that's your worry at this point.

The only way the cancellation becomes less noticeable is when you get a lot of good reviews that push it down the list.

@HassanandKatja0, I'm not sure what you mean by "Will they find us with discount? If that's true it's discrimination of Airbnb."

How is it discrimination if they rank listings with discounts higher in the list?

The guests want to find listings with good prices.

AirBnB ranks listings with good prices higher in the list.

How is that discrimination?

Thanks again Matthew. It's dissapointing about the cancelation....all other reviews were 5 stars...and it was not necessary if we had known. But thats life. 

We will wait and maybe stop the whole thing.

About the discrimination: if you have a good price, the discounts of others ruin your thing. We see that a lot around, when everybody is just looking for the cheapest. But thats another discussion. 

Maybe some people will find us, maybe not. We appriciate your thinking with us! 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@HassanandKatja0  I searched for your place and found it on the first page having narrowed down by entire house, price and  no instant book.  You have 5 reviews and one is a cancellation.  Whenever you have a negative review, provide a response explaining it.  More than likely potential guests will be understanding. 

Some thoughts:  Check your stats to see how many views you are getting.  Your price seems to be average so look at your pictures.  I would make the bedrooms and bathrooms come up early in the list and the beach picture should be second or third.  Since you have a cancellation, drop your price a little until you get more bookings.  Hope this helps!