Violation of house rules/ how to remove a guest from my house

Matea4
Level 1
Zagreb, Croatia

Violation of house rules/ how to remove a guest from my house

Hello, we`ve been hosting for second year now, usually people coming to festivals. That`s always risky but we mostly had okay guests and not a lot of problems. Yesterday we got 4 guys who are just determined to make everyone`s lives miserable and nights sleepless. We strictly wrote and said on more than one ocassion that extra guests are not allowed and to respect quiet time after 11pm. They were making noise all night long, from 1pm to 6am. We went to ask them to keep it down around 4.30am and they had a girl inside. We insisted that she leaves and that they keep it down, but as soon as we left they just continued. They were shouting out in the terrace, running around the apartment, getting in and out of the apartment several times. Our other guests and neighbours were complaining and we talked to them again in the morning. If they repeat the scenario this night, I would like to know what are my rights about asking them to leave. What is the process? Do I contact AirBnb? Do we keep the payment or refund it? I`ve been trying to find that on AirBnb pages but unable to do so. Would really appreciate the advice, thanks! 🙂

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would call BnB straight away. Explain that your guests broke your house rules (When you say you wrote I presume you mean in your house rules) that they were noisy till 6 a.m. in the morning, brought in a girl in violation of your rules, carried on being noisy after being asked to stop. Also explain your neighbours and other guests have complained.

Personally I wouldn't want to give them another chance this evening - you need to think of your other guests and neigbours.

You can say to BnB that you want the guests to leave and ask for their help to make this happen.

Any refund will depend on your cancellation policy. If they break your house rules, and you have a strict policy they shouldn't be able to get a refund.

Calll BnB now (number is on your booking confirmation)

Ask them to leave, if they do not call the Police.

David
C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

You can call Airbnb, and probably should, but within yourself you need to have a definitive direction in mind for your business. Only a tiny portion of that would happen here, because I have the rules, and reins, tight.