WWYD

Amanda78
Level 3
Houston, TX

WWYD

It is midnight and your male guest, 53,  for the next 30 nights is standing in just an undershirt in the middle of your hallway, disoriented, confused and covered in his own urine. He got up in the night and left his room with its own private bath and went into your and your family’s bathroom and there he also peed on your clothes on the floor there from your earlier shower. There is pee in the hall and inside the guest’s room. You ask if he is okay and should you call somebody. You then consider he may be sleepwalking but wtf do you know so you ask him if he is awake and if this has happened before. You mop and give him a towel and urge him back into bed and then you go and try to figure out wtf just happened. What do you do? (Note-your house rules do not include prohibiting the guest from peeing on your clothes on night 1 of 30.) 

4 Replies 4
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Amanda78 The minute I see a guest naked (this is what “just in his undershirt” meant, right? No pants?), is the minute I’m canceling a guest’s reservation. 

I think that’s a reasonable stance. 

Youll not be paid for those other 29 nights btw...

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Amanda78   He's out. That is too weird and much potential to get weirder.  I'd very diplomatically indicate that the reservation has to be cancelled and have airbnb relocate him elsewhere because you are no longer comfortable with this person in your house, even if it's not his fault per se.

David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

"disoriented, confused"

Based on this I would say that he had some problem... I would call AirBnB to inform them and see if they can find out if there's some clinical problem while in the main time I'd  try to see if  I get a related answer from the guest, based on this choice I would decide. 
If is a clinical problem or not, perhaps a family house is not the best accomodation and I would proceed with the cancellation refunding the remaining days. However first I would talk with AirBnB to spare myself from a negative rating, as the cancellation will not affect the review message, so he will be to leave a rating anyway.

Amanda78
Level 3
Houston, TX

Yes, it was simply mortifying and alarming. 

1. My 23 year old daughter encountered him first. There’s also a 12 year old daughter in the house and one door away. 

2. He peed on my clothes. My goddamned clothes. 

3. In the morning he entered my bedroom while I slept. My daughter saw him coming out. He also admitted it to me. Very very not cool. 

4. He had no memory of the event and decided, after I asked him all these considerations and more , that he was going to a hotel. 

5. I contacted Airbnb within an hour of this event. 

6. He canceled, not me. 

7. So what will I get?