What does it mean when an area on the map is highlighted near a bnb location?

Dylan80
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

What does it mean when an area on the map is highlighted near a bnb location?

Hi,

I was looking for a bnb in Dublin, Ireland. I found one which looks promising but on the map, the area next to the properties aproximate location is highlighted red? What does this mean as I have never seen it before?

Thanks for any help!

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Dylan80,

Can you attach a screenshot of the map or give the name of streets in the area as well as the name of the listing?

Steve.

Dylan80
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Steve143

Thanks for the reply!

The name of the listing is "Double room close by the airport" in Mayeston Hall. Here is a screenshot of the map I was talking about, I have never seen the red highlight before.

Regards,

Dylan

bnb area screenshot.png

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Dylan80,

I presume that the screenshot is from Google maps rather than the Airbnb map as no listings are shown on it.

I get the red outline on Google maps if I happen to click on the Ballymun area name. It appears to be just an outline of the Ballymun area of the city. The same happens when I click on the names of neighbouring areas like Whitehall and Beaumont.

Steve.

Dylan80
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

The map was from airbnb (?) but that answer makes sense! Thanks a lot @Steve143.

Dylan

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Dylan80

this way is marked the part of town you search for on google maps . Try typing for example "whitehall, Dublin, Ireland" and you will see that different part of town will be marked red 🙂