Where did the AirBNB map go?

Jordan89
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Where did the AirBNB map go?

I want to see potential listings on a map, as I previously have on airbnb. Where did it go on the desktop site?

10 Replies 10
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jordan89  I have a map when I search so I am not able to see what you are seeing.  The searching page does have a new map where you can see the whole world when you want an unusual type of listing like a yurt or something.

Ali40
Level 10
Crozet, VA

It's gone for me too. At least on my laptop. I haven't tried the iphone app.

Antoine97
Level 1
Le Mans, France

Hi

I got the same problem and solved it by disabling my ad blocker.

It must have been identified as an ad by airbnb in order to make us not use ad blocker on their site

have a nice one 🙂

Jordan89
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Thank you for chiming in. That's problematic, I use chrome without an ad blocker... hmm

Peggy108
Level 2
Overland Park, KS

Hi Jordan, apparently you started this conversation a year ago....did you ever find Airbnb map?  I don't recall the last time I looked up pricing/houses, but I can't find it either, and wonder if its a setting? Or like Antoine said...pop up blocker.  I didn't know if they changed there website recently - but definitly don't like it, if that's the case. (then again, I don't have issues with popups) hummm

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Peggy108, the home page has been redesigned, but seems to change a bit still so maybe not set yet??? Missing older layout from a few changes ago (2 years ago approx was my own fave). They will no doubt evaluate its success with bookings, feedback, how the layout gets used etc and go from there. If it's a success, it will stay until the next one comes along, if not, it will be changed very quickly as Airbnb needs a functioning landing page. We can but watch and wait. Well, we can give feedback too!

Thank you Sandra!  hope they at least have access to a map!

Aisha30
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I still don't see the map! Where'd it go? It used to be obvious and in plain site and no matter what I try (disabling ad blocker, using iPhone) I can't find the map!

Charles620
Level 1
Springfield, VA

Not having the maps is a big downer. I had to shift to VRBO to find something by neighborhood.

Chris1980
Level 1
Dallas, TX

Guess I'm leaving AirBnb also.  I can't find a place because the map is missing.  

They should fire whoever's idea this is.  Terrible design.