Why I am not getting the number of looks I did a year ago

Paula73
Level 2
Ridgway, CO

Why I am not getting the number of looks I did a year ago

My looks--and reservations--are down from a year ago, and a friend said my listing did not show up when she searched for it. It shows on my computer but not on hers. What could be causing this?

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Paula73 Wow, your listing is beautiful!  I did a search for Ridgway, CO for 8/12 -8/15 for 6 guests and your listing was #1 on the first page.  So you are there!

This article may help you understand how searches work: 

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/39/how-are-search-results-determined

Oh, and by the way, congrats on being a Super Host!

Andrée2
Level 10
Portland, OR

@Paula73

Wow! Yes, it's stunning and definitely listed. I did a general search with no dates and your listing came up on the second page. Check your stats to see if your listing may have been pushed back a bit due to several cancellations (by you). 

Realistically though, you are probably dealing with the inevitable as the site awareness grows, you get more and more competition every year. I saw that there are 300 listings in Ridgeway. How many were there last year? This business model is growing fast and where I had just 3 to compete with in my neighborhood and about a thousand in my city 5 years ago, now I am surrounded by them and just about everyone I know is a host or has been a guest to this site.

You might actually be able to contact Airbnb to ask those questions as they may be able to tell you just how many there were last year as compared to now. In any case, I know where I will be requesting to stay if I am ever in Ridgeway : )