Why does one listing (out of 5) get reserved more often?

Pamela664
Level 2
New Braunfels, TX

Why does one listing (out of 5) get reserved more often?

We have a property with 5 separate listings, four of which are all 1 bedroom one bath.  One of those gets reserved first, which leads me to believe it’s showing up first in searches.  The problem is, it’s the least comfortable of the four and not at all appropriate for older guests since getting into bed involves climbing a ladder.  The other 3 have “normal” bed set-ups.  A sub problem is, I don’t think people read the descriptions very well or they wouldn’t reserve it, since I do clearly talk about it’s drawbacks.

Does anyone know what controls the order listings show up in?  I am a Super Host so all of my listings have that in common.  Especially in the summer, all 5 are rented every week so it’s not that the one that gets reserved first is rented any more often than the others.

I feel bad when an older person reserves it and I would suggest that they change to one of our other listings (an even “exchange”) but I think airbnb doesn’t refund the fees so they’d have to be willing to pay fees twice to move.

If anyone has any ideas I’d REALLY appreciate hearing from you!

Pam

1 Reply 1
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Pamela664  Once a listing gets more views and exposure, it will be ranked higher than the rest.