Why is it that....

Answered!
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

Why is it that....

.....some people here in the forum only have their "view profile" or "view Airbnb profile" buttons visible, but not the "send message" buttons on either screen?

Was that something we set up when we registered? I don't remember it.... Sometimes it's just a bit frustrating when people who post never come back, or never check the answers they received. Makes me wonder if they didn't get notified that there is an nswer, or they missed clicking the "send me an email if someone replies" button below, or they don't care.... (Not that I would want to send them a message then, but it is what made me curious about the message buttons...)

1 Best Answer
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Annette33,

Good detective work!! The reason the 'send message' button doesn't show for some community members is because they are guests, as you suggested. The direct messaging feature is only for hosts to message each other and admins (like me and Lizzie). 

I hope that does solve the issue, I understand it's frustrating when you can't get to the bottom of it!

Kirstie

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Franck108
Level 1
Strasbourg, France

Why is it not possible to send message to host ?

@Franck108 If you do not yet have a confirmed reservation, use the Contact Host link to send inquires to the host.  Once a reservation is confirmed, you will receive more contact methods including telephone number.  

For security purposes, Airbnb restricts communication between host and guest to Airbnb's messaging system.  Once a reservation is confirmed you can communicate any way you want.  

Hope this helps!