Why most of the bad reviews comes from guest from queensland

Why most of the bad reviews comes from guest from queensland

Most of my bad reviews comes from people from Brisbane. Is that a habit from the city or they have over the board expectation from a 20$ room.

One guest said the host was good i was given an extra blanket bit i was still cold.

Should a host provide a heater free of charge.

some guest say we have an issue . My wife has a sudden plan can you host her and later they refused to pay for extra guest and gave a bad review about the apartment.

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Vijay39  If your place is so cold that guests are having to ask for extra blankets and are still cold, you definitely need to provide a heater. And yes, free of charge. Guests should at least expect to be reasonably comfortable. Raise your nightly prices to cover this.

And your profile shows no listing and no reviews, and you are just a grey sillouette????

I did gave three blankets and others guests were comfortable in one.

I offered the guest heater for a price which was refused. And its expected in Winters that some parts of the house will be cold.

20$ maybe a lot in mexico but its nothing in sydney market

@Vijay39  No, $20 isn't a lot in Mexico. I charge $28/night for the private room/private bath I list.

Yes, you are charging next to nothing. Raise your price and don't expect your guests to be cold or charge them for heat. Both being cold inside the house and being charged for heat will get you bad reviews.

@Vijay39 you need to provide adequate blankets & heating if the room is cold, and a fan in summer if it gets hot. And be aware that some people feel heat and cold differently (as a Queenslander now living in Melbourne I can understand when people underestimate how cold or hot it will be).

And if you want to charge for a heater then you need to make it clear in the listing. Maybe increasing your price to cover your heating costs would help rather than charging guests for heating, which would be a couple of dollars a night at most.

Thanks Rachel,

i researched on it about the temperature in QLd as it stays close to 15-18 even in winters.

But still if you are coming to a different state in the middle of winter you cannot expect wearing a  tshirt in the middle of June when temperatures are lower.

And i asked her to let me know if you need anything she didnot asked for heater so i thought giving extra blankets is enough.

if she had asked for a heater i would have provided her for a fee.

although a night cost is 50 cents an hour not couple of dollars. If you are not on solar.

@Vijay39 if you can't absorb the minimal cost of providing a heater in winter and a fan in summer to your guests then you are charging too little. In winter I have a wool blanket on the bed (which I used to use in Qld as the temps drop to 3- 5 degrees in winter and houses aren't built for the cold), a doona and provide an oil heater. In summer I provide a fan and the extra use of power is built into my pricing.

There is no listing attached to your profile to see what guest have said, but if you are charging $20/night for a room then you are cheaper than a 6-8 bed room in a hostel. Increase your prices to cover your costs & you will get better quality guests and better reviews. And if I was a guest & was offered a heater for a fee, which was not disclosed in the listing when I booked then I would absolutely eviserate you in a review.