Wrong price showing on listing. Help please. 8)

Michelle11
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Wrong price showing on listing. Help please. 8)

The price I input for my listing for up to four people is $125 then $6 per person in excess of 4 people. However, when a search is done for 4 people, the price is showing up as$168. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

13 Replies 13
Michelle11
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Actually, its showing in the search results as $168. It is showing up properly once you actually click on my house listing. But the price is showing way too high in the search results. 8(

Hi @Michelle11

I think I might know the issue.  Is the $168 showing up without puttin dates in or with putting dates in.  If you don't put dates into the search, it will show the rate that you have set in as a default daily rate.  So if someone searches your area without putting in dates, it will show your listing with the default rate which you MAY have set as $168.  If they search for your property with dates plugged in, it will show the price averaged over the number of days the person serached for.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

David 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks David

I have the same problem. How do I change the default price?

Regards

Guy19
Level 1
Coye-la-Forêt, France

Ah, I've found it!

- Go to Calendar

- Click on Pricing at top right of screen

- Change base price

It worked for me!

Guy

Gareth2
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Did you ever get resolved Ive had the same issue for 2 months nobody at Airbnb can fix . Ive called in about 15 times . No bookings because price shows too high
Jessy3
Level 1
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom

I have lowered my prices right down for the next few weeks as I have no bookings and need to entice people but when I still hadnt had any bookings after a few days of me lowering my prices, I did a search for my property in a different browser and the prices are still the same if not a bit higher than the normal price.

I have tried a few things including turning on the smart pricing but when I do the search my property is still not showing up in the results until I move the price filter above where I normally price the property.

I am getting quite worried asI have already missed out on a few nights bookings and I really need bookings ASAP but I cant get the price to change, can anyone help please?

I have exactly the same problem. If you idenfity a fix, please let me know.

Thanks.

Suha

@Suha0 the reason is most probably the cleaning fee. If you make the search without putting certain dates, the system shows the price without the cleaning fee. If you make it with certain dates, the cleaning fee is added, it is divided by the number of the days and that raises the day price. 

Hi Ira, 

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

Unfortunately, what you say does not make sense. For what you say to be true, not only the cleaning fee must be charged on a daily basis but it has to be as high as the rate per day!

There must be something else going on.

Cheers,

Suha

My price was set at $25/night and $35/weekend with $10 cleaning fee.  A reservation came in at $19 and $6 cleaning fee.  Now as reservations come in, the price pops up at $21 per night and $6 fee.  I've turned off flex pricing and re-entered my price but doesn't adjust.  When I search for a room, it says $20/night!  Its all over the map.  What is going on?????

Alessio5
Level 1
Lucca, Italy

i have a similur problem. i set the price for 100$ a night plus 30$ for cleaning fee, minimum 4 nights stay but when i search the apartment it shows that it go's for 30$ a night. HOW DO I FIX THIS??? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Sue141
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

I am having this same problem.  I just did a search in my city for 4 guests and my ad pops up at $234 per night when my base price is set to $175 for the summer season.  How do I change this? Thanks

Rebekah9
Level 1
Pépieux, France

I too am having a similar problem. I have set prices which show up on owners calender as £100 per night but I have just done a test quote with dates and the site make a quote based on 59 euros which even with the weekly discount applied is well below what it should be. What am I doing wrong