Young man sneaks girlfriend in...what to write in his review?

Young man sneaks girlfriend in...what to write in his review?

I am trying to figure out how to write a review for a young college man who stayed in my room for two nights. He has a few positive reviews from a few years back and I don’t know if it’s just me. I have a ring camera on the front of my house. First night he stayed he hollered that he was back when I was in my bedroom ...I said OK then I rembered I had to do a few things in the living room came  back out an hour later the “lady”  friends car was in my driveway. So I went back to my room in about 10 minutes later she left and I could see in the cam that they were giggling up to the door and giggling when they left the door(being sneaky)  I have nothing on my listing to say no extra  guest visiting. So I let it slide and wrote it on that evening on my Airbnb listing. The  next evening I was at a concert and for some reason my camp didn’t work at all. So I didn’t know what was going on.  Then that next day after (  he knew I was going to have a early breakfast date ).  I see her in the cam from my phone walking into my house at 8 AM in the  morning. So I give it about 15 minutes to see if they are going to leave... nothing ...so finally I text him and reminded him the time when check out was and thanked him for staying and be safe.  Plus Imwould be home soon. Just to see if I could get her out of there. He did not respond right away and after  a bit he responded  telling me him and his friend are deciding where they should go for the day.  After a total of an hour you could see her walking out fast and him running behind her and  he forgot to lock the door ....ran back and locked it. Then he was gone . When  I got home the room and mess the bathroom was a mess ..he wasn’t dirty just everything was thrown all over the place.  He was noisy as heck to boot . He wanted to stay an extra night and I wouldn’t let him . I read the review for where he stayed at after me and it was a positive review ( quiet, polite, and  clean ) but it was only for one night. So I’m not sure how to write this because he seem like a nice gentleman but it seem like his hormones get the best of him this weekend. I’m not sure where this gal was staying or where she lived...or why she didn’t even just stay every night with him because they spent the whole time together she just kept leaving her car at my house. Any ideas?   I’ve been doing Airbnb for four years and I’ve never had this situation. One thing I did do wrong is I should’ve approached him no matter what about the situation.  Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Sorry I didn’t proof read this to well.

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

If your house rules did not  initially say no guests then he was not breaking any rule.  The rules in place when he booked are the rules under which he stays.  You can't change the rules on him mid stay.  That is, you can change the rules while he is there but he doesn't have to abide by any rule you add after he booked, even if it is added before he arrives.

As far as the girlfriend if she stayed all night you could claim another guest and if you charge for extra guests then you could request payment.  But if the (original) rules didn't say no guests and any extra occupants must pay a fee then you have to permit it in this case.

The messy carelessness could receive criticism as could the loud disruptive behavior.