Youtube video feature of your property.

Brian-John0
Level 1
Fowler, MI

Youtube video feature of your property.

Hello,

I have a relativily successful youtube channel and I would like to start a new travel youtube channel with my wife and four kids.  Each episode would include the sights to see, activities, the properties we stay at, and of course all the family moments in between. We got this idea after staying at a great house in Nebraska and loved the uniqueness of each palce,  the friendly hosts, and the attention to detail. We have the idea of staying at Airbnbs across the country will we travel from Michigan to California and back again over 30 day period. 

So my question is do you think hosts want their property featured in these types of videos and if so would they consider a discount? We are not trying to be cheap or low ball anyone, but if we can keep the cost down we can feature nicer places and provide a different way to advertise for hosts.  

Let me know what you think and thank you very much!

7 Replies 7
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Brian-John0

Have a look what was discussed previously on this topic

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/listing-and-reservations/thr...

Maybe you can give a link to your relativily successful youtube channel and people can judge if your idea of a relativily successful youtube channel is the same as their idea of a relativily successful youtube channel.

Well this is a public forum so I'm not sure if I want to reveal that yet, but I have 30k subscribers and over 5 million views.  However, I would be starting a new channel and I can not garantee the same success at all.  I would mention my new travel channel on my current channel, but again that doesn't garantee viewers.  

I'm not looking for free nights, but if I can feature better properties at the same cost I figure it's a win win.  However, I'm not sure if I should seek out hosts if there isn't a general interest in this sort of thing.  

Thank you for the link...I will read through it now. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Brian-John0

Personally I wouldn't consider a discount in return for content on a new Youtube channel.

I can see it's a win for you, but unlikely to be so for the host, as it wouldn't attract the sort of target audience figures that could convert to additional bookings.

Katie201
Level 4
Salt Lake City, UT

@Brian-John0 I think that sounds like a great idea! Feel free to bookmark my page and hit me up whenever you're in Salt Lake City, Utah. Even if it doesn't direclty and/or immediately result in more bookings for me, I still think it'd be fun to have video of my place that I take so much pride in. 🙂

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2514494?s=51

I appreciate that.  Thank you!

If we decide to go near Salt Lake City we will look you up for sure.  Your place looks great!

Vanessa96
Level 2
Idaho Falls, ID

We have a property in Idaho Falls that is only 1 1/2 from Yellowstone. We would love to have some Youtube exposer. The rooms we have a themed  and named: Modern Yellowstone suite, Cowboy Hide-out suite, Aloha Suite and the Uptown Suite.