accidentally confirmed request

Eliza86
Level 2
New York, NY

accidentally confirmed request

Hi,  i am knew to this website.   the applicant does not have any reviews and had said that his friend will put in a request instead.  i accidently confirmed this applicant who does not have any reviews.  if i cancel his confirmation will it give me a lower rating?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Eliza86 

Preferable not cancel, as  you will face penalties from Airbnb, which is not a good start for a new host:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reser...

Best regards,

Emiel

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Eliza86 

Airbnb take host cancelations seriously because of the impact on guests and its brand. If you aren't sure about the guest you have 24 hours (if you aren't using Instant Book) to ask the guests questions to make sure there is a good fit and if not, then you can decline the booking.

If you cancel the booking you will face financial penalties and it will show on your reviews which will put guests off from booking with you. If you go to the Airbnb Help Centre and look up host cancellations - it will give you information about this works.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by 'his friend will put a request in, instead?'.

I would say about 50-60% of my guests don't have reviews, however I vet them by having verified photo ID, asking them why they chose my place, plans for their stay etc.

Would it be appropriate to increase the security deposit if the guest has no reviews ?