adjusting bookings

Allison18
Level 2
Bloomington, IN

adjusting bookings

Hello there, 

A future guest is having trouble with a booking they made with me.  Originally the renter expected to stay a few solid weeks, so it was booked.  After that they realized that they would be gone for a weekend in the middle of that stay and asked if we could arrange it so they wouldn't have to pay for the time that they aren't here.  I suggested they cancel the original booking then re book 2 separate stayings which it seemed they did.  Today I received this message:  

"I need your advice concerning my reservation for late Oct-Nov. I see two charges on my Visa bill: one for $790 (posted June 12) and another for $558 (posted on June 16). It appears that the first amount should be reduced to $252. Is that AirBnB's responsibility?

Just to review, my first payment represented the original reservation I made. I then changed the reservation to span a much shorter stay. That reduction in length of time, and hence $$, is what I'm not seeing in my statement from Visa. At this point, my total bill is $1,348 instead of $810.

Any suggestions...ideas?"

Where should I direct their inquiries?  

Thanks, 

Allison

5 Replies 5
Vickie5
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

You would direct them to Airbnb because they deal with all charges. Hosts don't. Perhaps the guest input the information incorrectly. Good luck 😊

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

When a guest cancels, they are refunded why you would have been paid but not the ABB fees.

May well be the difference.

David
Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

The host is paying AirBnB to handle the payments and the refunds.  Let them do their job.  AirBnB has the money, let them decide how much or how little to refund or change.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

Nicky-And-Julian0
Level 5
East Molesey, United Kingdom

Take care not to be scammed
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

As mentioned you have no access to a guest's private date re how much they have actually be paid, you take it on their word alone. Asking them to cancel means that they will be charged the service fee for the first booking, and then two new service fees for the two new bookings. However, that means that the weekend in the middle is free for you to book. If that was unlikely, and you were happy to leave the room free, it would have been a better option to send them a Special Offer with a reduce overall rate reflecting the reducced nights.

As suggested the guests need to contact AirBnB direct with questions about charges to their credit card.