broken things refused to pay

Selma61
Level 2
Casablanca, Morocco

broken things refused to pay

I found my house in a deplorable state, missing, broken and dirty objects. Missing IKEA objects when I had asked my guest if any incidents occurred but unfortunately he hid a lot from me and also lied ...

A night I had a call at 1AM from my guest the night of his departure, saying that they left the door of the house open and get down to take something just for a couple of minutes and when they get back they found there phones robbed and the closet door and glass table broken. 

he sent m a video where filming the house that everything is clean and the broken things, the video was a joke it was focusing on anything he was filming like walking not to show me if the toilet is clean or not anyway. I said nothing that night because i thought they would be sad because of the tragedy.

The day after when i get home i found: 17 IKEA things missing, hole in the wall, a dirty wall in the kitchen, cooking plate and refrigerator and toilet very dirty and have a smell, broken glass table and closet door.

' the hole in the wall wasn't mentioned in our discussion he hide it and asked also where was the towels he said washing machine but i have found nothing '

In the first request I did was 170 dollars for IKEA thing with links that they do sent

The second request I have a made a quote in a society that i had to wait about which tells that they have to pay 300 dollars for the damage (broken things have to replace and repaint the wall and fix the hole and the cleanin price and unclog toilets and bathtub). i dont think a thief would broke a glass in the terrace far from expensive things and hit the wall  

he refuse to pay claiming that he was robbed and the thief who made this, but honestly he is the responsible and he caused me damaged as he said from the robber when he left the door open in a building.

I involved Airbnb in this problem but i don't know if they will send the amount the money i need to fix my home.

Please what do you think i should do. Or people who experienced that before what they have done?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Selma61 

Assuming it is about listing "design familiy flat":

There is a security deposit in it, so you can use this procedure:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

best regards,

Emiel

How can I do to to get my deposit security?