cancelation

Answered!
Roland164
Level 1
Bratislava, Slovakia

cancelation

Hello AirBnb,

can you please help me what should I do ?

tentatns which are supposted to come to my house during summer for one month decided to not come because they have some difficulties with work. Can you please tell me what should I do now ?

thank you so much

with regards Toman 

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Roland164 

It is the guests decision not to come, so they(!) need to cancel the reservation. The cancellation policy attached will calculate if there is a refund (but if they booked for a month, the "long term stay" policy was attached automatically and then will not lead to a substancial refund). If the guests can not stay because of facing extenuating circumstances", they can contact Airbnb.

Best regards,

Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Roland164 

It is the guests decision not to come, so they(!) need to cancel the reservation. The cancellation policy attached will calculate if there is a refund (but if they booked for a month, the "long term stay" policy was attached automatically and then will not lead to a substancial refund). If the guests can not stay because of facing extenuating circumstances", they can contact Airbnb.

Best regards,

Emiel

Hey Emiel,

thank you so much for your help!! Really appreciate it a lot as I never went thru same situation like this before.

I wish you a nice rest of the day.

with regards

Roland

Sad thing is, airbnb is going to give them a full refund whether the cancellation policy says to or not. Airbnb is notorius for siding with the guests and screwing the hosts. Make sure the guest cancels ASAP so you have more time to re-rent it!

Let us know what happens. 

Joanne423
Level 1
Saskatoon, Canada

I have guests that just arrived today, but the city left a notice to say that they are turning off the water for a few hours tomorrow.  Then, there will be a boil water advisory until they test the water to make sure it did not get contaminated during the work.  My guests are freaking out and want to leave.  What do I do?

tell them OK and refund. 

Just buy them a lot of bottled water..like gallons & gallons....any reasonable guest would understand and appreciate your effort and also not to have to look for another accommodation.