cancellations

Anouk25
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

cancellations

Dear Airbnb, 

We have a lovelyfamily for rent in holidays. In my restrictions I mentioned that our house is available for families only

A guest made a reservation with 5 friends around 30 years old. I informed her on our restrictions and she asked me to cancel. 
Now, the period we want to rent our house is blocked by AirBNB. Could you help me out? 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anouk25  if you cancelled the reservation yourself (you should never do this!), one of the punishments for hosts is that your calendar will remain blocked for those dates, so you can't rebook them. If this is what happened, you can contact Airbnb aand explain that the guests was asking to contravene your booking requirements and maybe they will open up the dates.

If you didn't cancel, tell the guest that as she didn't read your listing information and was asking for a reservation that contravened your booking rules, that it is her responsibility to cancel and that she will receive a full refund if she does that within 48 hours after she booked.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Anouk25 we can't unfortunately since this is a public forum and we are fellow hosts, we don't have access to your calendar. You need to contact Airbnb and they might open your calendar. https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/td-p/413245

Here is how to contact them. Next time you shouldn't cancel reservations on your own, the automated posting doesn't look promising for future guests too since you don't have any other reviews. 

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Anouk25There is a penalty for not qualified for evaluation to be a superhost in the next 12 months. For a blocked calendar, you can do one other thing is to duplicate your current listing and make a new listing. Then deactivate the current listing.

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Anouk25  Renting to only families is actually against the AirBNB TOS, so it is perhaps the case that this is not the correct platform for you and your listing. In this case, AirBNB will not open your calendar dates since YOU canceled, not the guest. You will also have a financial penalty and as noted above, will not be eligible for SuperHost for a year.