cancelling a reservation

Answered!
Jossy0
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

cancelling a reservation

hi, i need help, a regular of mine booked the wrong room so i decided to cancel that booking so he can book the other room, but now the dates that i cancel for the wrong room are blocked, how do i unblock them? i cancel for him because i need him to get a full refund and i wasnt charged anything for the cancelation. 

1 Best Answer
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jossy0, is this is Mo we're talking about, you've messed up! By cancelling his booking you've taken a hit on your reviews: 'This reservation was cancelled' is the kiss of death, additionally you'll forfeit any chance of being a Superhost in the next year. Additionally, the 'wrong' room being blocked is a penalty by Airbnb for cancelling. You might also be fined ($100) too. }

Suggest you get on to customer services and see if it can be sorted out, and pronto. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jossy0, is this is Mo we're talking about, you've messed up! By cancelling his booking you've taken a hit on your reviews: 'This reservation was cancelled' is the kiss of death, additionally you'll forfeit any chance of being a Superhost in the next year. Additionally, the 'wrong' room being blocked is a penalty by Airbnb for cancelling. You might also be fined ($100) too. }

Suggest you get on to customer services and see if it can be sorted out, and pronto. 

Jossy0
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

thank you gordon, i appreciate your quick comment, ill do as you say. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jossy0  If this ever happens again, you shouldn't cancel, as @Gordon0 says- it's the guest who made the error, and if the guest cancels within 48 hours, they get a full refund. Then he could just book the correct room.

Josie55
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for the advice I'll take caution next time

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jossy0 

Just change the reservation ("change option") and select the right room.The other party needs to accept the change. That's all.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/as-a-host-how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation