change name on reservation

Laurie155
Level 1
San Geronimo, CA

change name on reservation

A man made a reservation for his father-in-law, but put the reservation in his own name.  He now wants to change the name on the reservation to that of his father-in-law.  The father-in-law lost his home in the No. California fires and is working with his insurance company, and wants to submit record of reservation to said insurance co. for reimbursement.  How can I change the name on the reservation?

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Laurie155 Airbnb does not allow third-party reservations. The father will need to book directly on his own. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

Allison116
Level 10
Walnut Creek, CA

Agree. Father must book on his own And as sad as their tale might sound you have to watch out for scammers. Scammers related to the northern California fires are rampant. And the best scammers are the ones that are the best actors and liars.

Mary785
Level 1
Indianapolis, IN

Help! I booked a trip to stay in Ireland. I've recently been diagnosed with cancer and must cancel my trip, but someone else in our group wants to take over the reservation. I'm trying to make another person in the group the one who manages the reservation. Since I made the reservation it's not letting me remove  myself when I click "manage guests" - there's no "remove" button  next to my own name.

You would want to contact Airbnb for this @Mary785 as they can change this for you.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host