coupon

Barbara62
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

coupon

I recently eceived two emails from Airbnb giving me a Superhost Coupon - one on 9 January 2018 and another on the 10th January.  They say that they are valid for one year.  I tried to use them for a booking tonight (2 weeks later) only to get told that the coupon has 'expired'.  I am extremely disappointed.  There is nothing worse than being given something that turns out to be fake.  Then what feels worse is that there is no way to communicate with Airbnb directly through their site.  Replying to the email returns an error message.  As a superhost, I feel deceived and let down by a faceless anonymous system that does not seem to have any way to allow users to send through a problem for direct resolution.  What can I do?

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

The coupons do work, @Barbara62 - they are not fakes - so there must be a glitch in the system. Call your superhost number (it should be in that same email) and get them to take a look.

Barbara62
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Thanks so much - I missed seeing that number. My mistake.  I will get onto it today.

Graham-And-Michelle0
Level 9
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello Barbara

we also received a travel coupon and have yet to use it so hopes it works. We had two emails so

it was a bit confusing. However another email explained not to use the first coupon numbers.

You will have the local number  for AirBnB in your email advising you of your 

sucessful Superhost .

it is a Wellington number and always very helpful .

cheers

Michelle.

Thanks a milion Michelle - can't believe I didn't see that in the email - and to know it is an NZ number is very reassuring!  Feel silly. I take back my comments born out of frustration trawling the website to find someone to talk to! 

Lili-and-Dani0
Level 1
Valencia, Spain

Almost the same issue.
The mail I recived with the coupon has a note that says *Your travel code expires one year from today. Don´t especify any date, just say "from today" and the email have a date of Saturday, 14 Oct 2017. I tried to use it today, Sunday, 14 Oct 2018, and says it´s expired.

I called to the number that comes in the email and they said there´s nothing they can do because at their system it says that the expire date is 13 Oct 2018. There were no way for me to knew that, as I said, the email don´t especify an expire date and has arrived at 14 Oct.

I´m very dissaponted. Have canceled my trip.

DavidandNushada0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

very unhappy coupon expired! I get emailed almost daily But No notification just lost$100 us. Really pissed.  Not Happy Super Hosts!  Air bnb give with one hand take with other.