does commitment rate affects listing search?

Katia44
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

does commitment rate affects listing search?

Hello everyone,

I had to cancel the reservation because of the unexpected accident in the building and I've got "you're at risk" status and my commitment rate is 96%. I wonder if this 96% affected somehow on the appearance of the listing in the search? Is it somehow possible that this make my listing difficult to find or if the listing didn't show at all in the search?

Is there any way to remove these penalties from the listing. I don't mind about the penalty fees, but about this status. I find it completely unfair that the host can not cancel the reservation because of the accident. I know that there's a rule that the vacation of the guests shouldn't be disrupted, however the cancellation is not THAT bad as if they come to the cold house without electricity for example.

Or is there the only way to avoid this problems with commitment rate to cancel because of feel unsafe of the guest because this is the only way to cancel a reservation and haven't been punished?

Regards

4 Replies 4

@Katia44, yes your commitment rate is one of the factors that affects your listing's search ranking. It is a big deal, so it is understandable that you would be upset about it.

If you had to cancel the reservation because of an unexpected accident in the building, you might qualify for a host cancellation extenuating circumstance. (The words "Extenuating Circumstances" aren't always a bad thing...)

AirBnB's extenuating circumstances for hosts includes:

• Severe property damage or unforeseen maintenance issues that directly impact the ability to host safely

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1320/what-if-i-need-to-cancel-because-of-an-emergency-or-unavoid...

You should contact AirBnB about the host cancellation and explain why it was necessary. If they agree that it was an extenuating circumstance, they may remove the penalties and your commitment rate will go back to 100%.

Thanks a lot for reply Matthew and for your help!!

Now I just a bit confused how can I contact AirBnB? I tried to search, but all links everywhere on the web goes only to Community Center. Where can I find their email, contact form or something?

@Katia44, to reach AirBnB, go to your Host Dashboard and choose the "Help" page.

At the bottom right of the "Help" page is a button labelled "Contact us".

Press the "Contact us" button, and it will give you some options to reach AirBnB.

You can also use this link.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

Thank you for your help!! ))