export calendar with notes

Michael47
Level 1
Cologne, Germany

export calendar with notes

Dear all,

It cann't be that i am the first one with following use case:

i am trying to share the calendar for the cleaning lady, and the problem is that the information shared by airbnb is just not enough, the most important information for her is missing: the number of guests.

additionally i would like to give her some hints in the notes, i.e. i could also put there by hand the number of guests, but the notes are not exported either.

do you have a similar use case? how do you manage?

the best would be of course, to be able to select the info i want to share in every exported calendar... a new feature request i guess.

on the other side, as the calendar client for the cleaning lady i am using google calendar, which does not (easily, without copying every single entry) allow you to edit the entries, if it would be possible i would be able to add my hints and number of guest there. 

do you have any experience with other calendar clients, where this is possible?

many thanks

Michael

6 Replies 6
Augusto2
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Good point, Michael.

Subscribing

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

I use a 3rd party solution. Since I like many rely on multiple platforms to advertise and need to coordinate the calendars. 

I can recommend two that are affordable for owners managing a single listing. Vrconnection.com and onerooftop.com. 

Both offer consolidated calendars and ability to share/notify cleaners, property managers etc. They also have robust template systems to streamline guest communications and vrconnection offers a very robust automation engine. 

There re are free options for just calendar options and some of the functionality and I even had a very robust excel soution integrated with word mail merge but the efficiency gains in managing my listing and maintaining records have more than justified the $20/month or less they charge. 

Note: I've been renting my condo for 10 years and Airbnb is the latest of about 15-20 listing services I've used over the years. Right now it's producing most of my bookings. 

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Don't forget to give thumbs up to hosts that ask challenging questions! 😉

Hi Andrew, 

Its been afew years since you posted this. Any updates you would mind sharing? super helpful information here !!
/miriam

Michael47
Level 1
Cologne, Germany

actually it is not so bad as first described.

the notes get also exported, i did not realize it earlier because google refreshes external calendars just once per day, what is quite annoying, but good enough once you are aware of it.

David7943
Level 2
Virginia, United States

I added guest notes, and I was hoping to see those notes exported when I downloaded the CSV file. The notes did not appear in the export file.  How are you getting notes to appear?

Also, I think it's a great idea to make the export columns configurable by the host.