farm stay

Lucinda12
Level 1
Maroubra, Australia

farm stay

Hi everyone, I am thinking of listing our family farm in NSW on AirBNB, it is beautiful but quite isolated. has anyone had experience with listing a farm on tank water (can't drink tap water) and no wifi or no mobile reception. I'm really interested in other people's experiences. thanks, Lucinda

6 Replies 6
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @Lucinda12 - i think it's a great idea. 

Sandra575
Level 1
Franklin, KY

Lucinda:   Yes, I have a successful farm stay here in Kentucky.     Guest cabin included and lots of good food from the farm offered.   Wifi available at the main lodge.   Was hoping that Air BNB will make a    CATEGORY IN   PLACES  FOR        FARM STAY.     Check our the Horseman's Rest BNB in Franklin, Ky.   Have a two night minimum.     A good place to go acoustic - unplug for a few days - actually talk to family members.......  

Hi Sandra,

i have a Farmstay in Australia and I do horse riding. How do I fine the Farm Stay category that you mentioned?

Thank you 

Sue

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lucinda12 my friends were on Canary islands recently in an expensive resort and they had to leave their mobile phones on the reception 😄 No wifi, nothing.... as someone said - they had to talk to family and friends instead haha

I think many parents would be happy to book it so their children can not be on facebook the whole hollidays 😄

Corliss2
Level 9
Calgary, Canada

@Lucinda12  Why not! Give it a go and see what happens. Sounds wonderful to me, just be very very clear in your description of what guests can expect

For me, the very best part is simply the open spaces and sense of freedom. It's all just an incredible experience, one I probably take too for granted having grown up/lived on a farm all my life.My ferm huge with many sheld with caws and horses. But I would encourage anyone who hasn't experienced life on the farm to try it out in some small way. There are many communities supported agriculture of farmers which make market program that lets you use subsides and allow to build https://bisonconstructions.com.au/steel-buildings/farm-buildings/yard-covers for very affordable price.