getting paid

Liat0
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

getting paid

Does anyone had this experience with bnb...i have put a base price for the room, and happends that clients contacted me to make a price for long term. I asked the client how much was she paying for the room, and the answer was that she was paying the base price i hace set up, but in the billing section bnb was paying me half the base price that im advertising the room for. 

Does anyone know the contact number? i can't find any in the website.

6 Replies 6
Sheil0
Level 1
Honolulu, HI

I notice that some guest only have their first name only and nothing else!! How do we as host know what are we dealing with? in my situation is not only about renting the room but I would like to a little more about who I'm approving to stay in my house!! For everybody's safety Airbnb should ask for a little more info???

@Sheil0 What on Earth does your question have to do with the original message posted by @Liat0? You should've posted your question as a new topic, and you should also be a little more specific about what your complaint or suggestion is. Seriously. You might as well have complained about the weather...

this was posted by mistake!! so Dede get over it!! 

@Sheil0 Your mistake (as you admit), not mine. So, YOU get over it. How *** was I, or anyone else, to know that you had made a mistake? Seriously. MIstakes are okay; just don't try to pawn your own mistakes off on others.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Liat0 Hard to say without more information. Such as:  Which of your 3 listings are you talking about? What are the dates of the booking in question? What do you think your rates are for that period, and what is the total that the booking request showed?

It's really hard to offer help when no real information is provided.

In any case:   Contact Airbnb!

@Liat0 - there are many resources in the community that can explain the pricing and payment issue you are experiencing.  A quick search here and in the help section will resolve this for you and you will understand.   For your convenience:  https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

@Sheil0 - As a host, you cannot see last names until the client is booked.  This is for their protection.  After they have secured your listing, you will see both.  However, at any time, you, as the potential host, can ask for more information from the guest.  If you are not comfortable with the answer, decline their request. A perfect example of varying levels of acceptable information is your profile picture.  I would ask you to upload a photo where I can visually identify you. If you did not, I would decline because I would be uncomfortable letting in someone into my home who I preceive is trying to hide their identity. For some hosts, including you, this veiled picture is perfectly fine and would not be a problem.  

Ditto for staying with someone - I won't book with a host who's picture is unclear.  Personally, I think guests make an assumption about the type of host you are based on your profile picture. IF you find yourself getting a lot of requests that make you uncomfortable, you might change out your picture to be one of your smiling face instead of your bikini-clad body.   so YMMV.