guest long term stay

Cathy513
Level 2
Duncan, Canada

guest long term stay

If a guest is staying for 3 weeks should I offer to clean or do the sheets and towels once a week? There is a laundry area that they can use if they choose.

Appreciate any advice!  Thanks

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Cathy513   Most hosts provide clean linens and towels every week.  A few more often.  It is probably best just to dole out the clean linens and towels at whatever interval rather than giving all at once.  Some guests will use all the towels in a week then ask for more.

As to cleaning, some hosts like to provide a quick clean for longer stays to allow them to see how the space is being treated.  Many offer it at a nominal charge.  I would not trust that the guest will launder my towels and sheets to my standards, but I do offer laundry access (including soap and dryer sheets) for those guests staying more than 4 days.  

Cathy513
Level 2
Duncan, Canada

Thank you Linda, great advice!

Tracy784
Level 2
Hednesford, United Kingdom

Hi, I’m wondering the same thing I’ve got a guest staying for 28 days who happens to be a host as well. There is a washing machine in the flat but no dryer. So like you do I have to do the sheets and bedding weekly as I would charge a normal guest in books out £15 for cleaning. My initial thoughts are they have the facility to wash so they should do it. But I’m also conscious that this person is a host and we all provide different services . I’m happy to leave two sets of bedding and two sets of towels so there as wear and wash set .