Amelia23
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

.i have an inquiry from a single guy wanting to stay one month. Would love having him. Is there a way i can ask, gracefully, if the reservation is for one guest or (2)?  also he is a musician. Should i ask about loud music?

4 Replies 4
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Absolutely, ask anything you like. This is the prerogative of a host, especially for a long stay like this one. You want to make sure it will be smooth sailing. Could be an excellent month for you, but do ask as much as you like. He will either answer or not, but good to have it all down beforehand for both of you.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Amelia23

Your house rules are very thin. Nothing about whether visitors or others allowed on your property. But if you got a booking request instead of only an inquiry, then what you had at the moment it was requested is what counts. But I'd suggest you flesh them out, since right now, a guest could get away with lots of things (the community forum is full of cases). Then hang them up inside the guest space!

Also do an ID check and write down his full data on arrival. If he's a good guest, you won't need them. If he turns out a nightmare guest, you might just be glad you have it all on record 😉

Hi Jimmy,

I would love to host a musician.  I hope I will get to hear your lovely tones 'a little bit.'  I do need to ask, what instrument will you be playing and will you be practicing or performing in my space?  We need to respect the next door neighbors who are elderly and are home all day.  So loud rap music wouldn't be appropriate, but the dulcet tones of a mandolin would be.  I go to bed early, so would have to request quiet after 10 pm until 8 am.

I see your inquiry is for one person.  My House Rules do not allow overnight guests unless registered.  If you want to bring visitors to the home, I need to be informed in advance of who will come and how many.  No parties, sorry.  And it's not OK to make a new friend at a bar and bring him or her on home with you.  People you already know and trust, they are OK to invite over, as long as I know to expect them.

This might be such a great fit for both of us, or possibly your needs and expectations don't fit my space.  Please ask any questions you may have before you request to book.

Sincerely,

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

Just ask.

as for musciians...touring musicians are the best guests ever...they are so used to living on free couches that they are the best house guests there are.  I personally give out free beds in my house to young musicians and they are right up there with the best Abnb guests!