guests I don't want back

John-And-Karen2
Level 1
Lakewood, CO

guests I don't want back

Just curious - AirBnB asks in the review process if I would host a guest again.  Yet, it says that answer is not made public, nor is it shared with the guest.  What's the point?

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@John-And-Karen2  The guest won't be able to Instant Book with you in future.

@Ann72 Just not able to book instantly with the host who gave a thumb down or with all hosts?

@Alice595 Just with the host who gave a thumbs down.  I mean, that's only fair.  I've given thumbs down to guests who I just found annoying, but that doesn't mean everyone will find them annoying.  I guess?  LOL

@Ann72 I have IB on. Normally a person with 5 star reviews could instantly book my listings. However, I do see some cases that a guest with 5 star reviews had a pending request waiting for me to accept. 

I am not sure if that is just a glitch or the guest might have gotten thumbs down for some reason from other hosts.

@Alice595  That's interesting - I didn't think they would have to send a request with 5 stars.  Either they don't have all the other qualifications (government ID or something) or they don't want to IB and want to ask you a question first.  Or it's a glitch.  Or they have gotten thumbs down from other hosts.  I just didn't think that a thumbs down could affect someone globally.  But maybe it can!