have not been able to get refund

Jennifer1527
Level 2
Houston, TX

have not been able to get refund

I booked a reservation in August for San Francisco in May which go cancelled because the owner of the house gave the host 60 days to get out. I was told I would receive my refund within 5 days. 9 days later I still have no refund. I contacted airbnb 4 days ago. Was told they have attempted 5 times to refund my payment (i use that card almost daily so it is still a valid card). I was told I would be contacted the next day. I wasnt!!! shocker!! so yesterday I called. I was told that they would "monitor" what was going on and i would receive a call back last night,. I DIDNT!! Shocker!!! i even contacted my bank to see what I could do on that end. Was told they showed no attempts by airbnb to refund my money. Not even an attempt that was denied. Everytime I call trying to speak with a case manager about it, I am told there is no way to transfer me and that I will be contacted. I'm not!!! again...SHOCKER!!!! As far as I am concerned I have had my money stolen from me. They refuse to even transfer the money to a gift card so I can rebook by reservation. My next step will have to be filing a complaint with the BBB to attempt to get my money back since all I am told by their is employees is that someone will contact me and they will monitor what is going on. Neither of which helps me get back my $2100

1 Reply 1
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jennifer1527 5 business days is the quickest it can happen, usually 10 days and it can take upto 15 days.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1967/when-will-i-get-my-refund