help

Stephanie1231
Level 1
Livermore, CA

help

hello want to make sure if it was allowed for host to say only accepting families to stay at their place. was recently denied by a place because they said "the owners prefer families" ?? is that weird or am i just trippin' ... lmk thanks

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stephanie1231 

A host can deny a request, but not for reasons which violates Airbnb discrimination policy. I personally would not make a big issue of this incident, but if you feel discriminated you can report the host (or listing or message)  to Airbnb by using the "flag" link)

Best regards,

Emiel

Hello @Stephanie1231 

Hosts share their House Rules to set expectations with their guests, like limits on smoking, areas beyond the listing space that are off-limits, and permission to have visitors.

House Rules appear on your listing page, and guests must review and agree to them before requesting a reservation. They’re also sent directly to a guest once they’ve a confirmed reservation.

There are female hosts who rent the Private Room just for women and no parties ... and other examples.

So, all hosts have the rules of their home and its have to be respected.

Rules are important, when booking a house:

1. The first page has the house rules to read.

2. In the second page, you accept them and

3. On the third page you pay the reservation.

I advise you to read the rules and not to pay if you do not agree with them.
I wanted to inform you and wish you a wonderful holiday, @Stephanie1231 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Stephanie1231   Did the host reject one person or a larger group of multiple unrelated people?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Stephanie1231  The hosts may have had a bad experience with partiers trashing their home. And it's like pulling teeth to get Airbnb to pay for damages, and partier types almost always deny that they caused the damage and refuse to pay. (Not assuming you fall into that category, just explaining why the hosts may have declined)

Did it mention that families are preferred in the listing description and info? If not, I can see where you'd feel a bit miffed and they really should state that in their ad if they don't want groups of unrelated people.