holidays

Fiona177
Level 2
Llanrumney, United Kingdom

holidays

Is it possible to book someone into my home while i am on holiday.   Is this a good idea.    Should i do it.  I am apprehensive about someone being here while i am away.  How protected am i with airbnb?    

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi Fiona,

I see in your profile you have 4 listings active (4 rooms in your house). You also have great reviews. So you are an experienced host and I think you can answer the question best by yourself. If you feel uncomfortable about renting the whole house during your holiday, you probably will even feel more uncomfortable when your are actually on holiday. That's not where holidays are for. Maybe a local co-host is an option, so some rooms can still be rented while you are away ? Best regards, Emiel

Fiona177
Level 2
Llanrumney, United Kingdom

Thank you Emiel, I think your comments are most helpful.  You are right i woul only worry whilst i was away abroad for 2 weeks.  You have given good advice.  Thank you.  Fiona

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Fiona177 How protected are you with Airbnb? Not very much, here or away. Trust your instincts. 

Thank you for that Cynthia and Chris, it is good to know.  I believe i would only worry if someone was in my house alone whilst i was away, as he could do anything.  Although he seems a very nice person, I have to protect myself.  Thank you again for your comments.  Fiona