how long in advance should I share my exact address and lockbox info

how long in advance should I share my exact address and lockbox info

This is my fist time using Air bnb and I am not sure when to give the client my exact address and lock box information.  Also, am I required to supply sheets and towels?  When I rent through an agency, I am not required to do so.  I just want to make sure I do what is expected.  Thank you in advance for your insights

4 Replies 4
Qier-and-Philippe0
Level 10
Lille, France

Hi @Rosalie44 

Most of the hosts Airbnb supply sheets and towels. You can do whatever you want, but you should make it very clear in your listing.

As to the address and lock box information. I send a message with my exact adresse one or two days before the arrival.

re. 'Most of the hosts Airbnb supply sheets and towels. You can do whatever you want.....'

Not according to Airbnb list of Basic Requirements, 1st on the list re sheets & towels

What are Airbnb's basic requirements for hosts?

To help create comfortable, reliable stays for guests, we ask all hosts to meet five basic requirements for each listing:

• Provide essential amenities: This includes toilet paper, soap, linens/sheets, and at least one towel and pillow per booked guest

The past week I had a Guest with only one Review. It was a negative, long and damning Review recommending this person is only suited to hotels. It was naturally off-putting and I would have readily Declined his Reservation Request if it wasn't for his own equally long Review full of  factual complaints of this Host. One of the complaints was no towels provided. Indeed, this fact is supported in this Host's Basic Description, that Guests need bring their own towels.

Prior to deciding on the RR, I engaged this man on the messaging system. I provided him with my own analysis of the review of both parties.

He responded straightforward and candidly, including a pleading enquiry: "please tell me you have towels as the last place did not provide any!!"

My reply: I can assure you there are plenty of towels. Indeed, I believe its obligatory for Hosts to provide linen and towels.

Finally, if I'm not mistaken I've read on this forum certain Hosts complaining about this obligation to linen & towels. But if I'm not mistaken it's by Hosts of some rural or even more far-flung places, not normal city dwelling Hosts.

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Rosalie44 You don’t have a way to control the address information. The address will be shown to the guest once the booking is confirmed, ie. you accept the booking request.

You can provide you lock code at a time you feel comfortable but before guest arrival. I normally provide them at least one day ahead because some guests may come a long way. It can be difficult to access Airbnb messages during travel.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Rosalie44   You have been given great advice from these seasoned hosts and I am sure you will learn more as time goes by.  I did look at your listing and noticed your pictures include an alternte contact phone number embedded in the photos.  This may be a problem for your listing continuing on this platform as it appears that you are advertising another listing or management company which is against the Air BNB terms of service.