i'm vacationing w no internet. How do I insure guests don't email me looking for info????

Pauline106
Level 3
St. John's, Canada

i'm vacationing w no internet. How do I insure guests don't email me looking for info????

When people request info, as a host you need to respond quickly or see your super status diminish. I'm a host going on vacation for a week and I won't have access to internet to respond to guests. Is there any way to resolve this so people can't contact me for that week ensuring my status under 'response time' is not decreased. 

Love to know how other hosts deal with this kind of situation.

thanks,

pauline

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Pauline106,

Both your listings have instant book set. I presume that you still want to be able to accept future instant bookings while you're away, meaning that you want to accept instant bookings during the week you're away for guests to stay after you return.

You can add a section in your welcome message to say that you'll be unavailable to respond to questions from date x to date y.

They'll still be able to book instantly.

The welcome message is automatically sent to guests who instant book. The welcome message section can be found under the "booking settings" section on your listing.

There's no such way to handle new guests who send a new reservation request or inquiry.

The only option is to snooze your listing so it doesn't show in search results during that period. That, of course, means that only intant book bookings will be possible during that week.

To do this, snooze your listing for the period that you'll be unavailable. It will then not show in search results during that period.

Click on "Host" and then on "Manage listings" in the menu. Then on "Manage listing" for your first listing.

Now scroll down to see the "Listing status" section and click on the "Edit" button for it. Now click in the box where it says "Listed" and choose "Snoozed".

Now select the start and end dates of the period thatyou'll be unavailable. Then click on "Save".

Now repeat the above for your second listing.

Guests who have already booked with you and will be staying after you return will still be able to send you messages. You could message them in advance saying that you'll be unavailable to answer questions between dates X and Y.

Steve.

thanks. Rather than have my ratings fall, I might just snooze. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

@Pauline106: The only option for you is to set your listing to "snooze" or find a co-host.

Never thought of co-host. Might be a good idea to come up with some possibilites.