iphone app cannot login with google

Feng5
Level 2
Santa Clara, CA

iphone app cannot login with google

I use the more options->google, and google autherization page pops out. After I tapped, the google page is gone and I am guided back to the login page. It looks like something is crashing. I can login with the same google account on the website.

13 Replies 13
Dan305
Level 1
Melrose, MA

Exact same thing is happening to me when I try to get to google log in.  It just kicks me back to the log in page.

Noah37
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

Authentication with Google is not working for me either on iOS.

Feng5
Level 2
Santa Clara, CA

Any developer following on this? This issue is still not cleared.

Pavel44
Level 2
New York, United States

The support keeps ignoring this issue; I've been trying to get an answer from them for over a week. the mobile app worked fine up until recently

Lisa1060
Level 1
Lancaster, NY

I’ve been having the same problem for about two months now. I’ve removed and reinstalled the app twice, the app has updated to a new version at least ten times, and still nothing. 

Zoe60
Level 2
Key West, FL

Here's what I did. I'm not sure if every step is needed but it did get my app to work.

1. Delete the app

2. Go to the website via browser: Airbnb Settings -> Security. Log out of all your devices.

3. Change your password. 

Note: My password wasn't being accepted since I had a google login so you may need to logout and reset your password before you login. They'll send you an email to reset your password.

4. Install the app and sign in with your email and new password.

That should bypass the google redirect to sign in via google and get you back in your app. Hope this helps. Take care!

Andre208
Level 2
Metro Manila, Philippines

This is useless. Tried everything posted in this forum and it still goes back to the same green screen. 

Drew78
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Nothing has worked for me.  App on Iphone is useless after update.  Flying out in 3 days.  I hope I figure something out soon.

Feng5
Level 2
Santa Clara, CA

My problem got solved. In the new version, there is a new pop up telling me to clear the safari cache. So basically I go to settings -> safari -> clear history and website data, and airbnb can use google to login now.

Tks Feng. I had the same problem, and now with your instruction, I can fix it.

@Feng5 wrote:

My problem got solved. In the new version, there is a new pop up telling me to clear the safari cache. So basically I go to settings -> safari -> clear history and website data, and airbnb can use google to login now.

This worked for me thanks, i cleared the cache and reinstalled the app.

appreciate it this worked! Thank you. 

Only thing that worked for me. Thanks!