issues with a reservation

issues with a reservation

We are new to Airbnb as a host. We require  approval of a reservation, we don't accept automatic reservations. We also increased our rates on May 1st from $300 a night to $400 a night for May and June AND we blocked July and August. However, we just got an automatic reservation for July at the $300 rate and we were not given the chance to approve it so it was automatically approved. We tried to work with the guest but they wanted to cancel but if we cancel then it sends up red flags. The reservation was made in spite of everything that I had set up on our listing. I am so confused. Appreciate your help. We just had to reservations that went extremely well and are hoping to keep this going but worry about the reliability. Please enlighten us. Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you don't have Instant Book turned on, they shouldn't have been able to book. Give BNB a call and ask them to resolve.

@Paige0You have Instant Booking turned on so that is why they were able to book without approval.  As far as blocking the months and they were still able to book it may be part of the bug that has been discussed recently. I would call Airbnb and tell them that you had blocked July & August so no bookings should have happen.  Important though is to remove Instant Booking if you want to approve each guest.  Airbnb encourages Instant Bookings and in some cases makes it your only option. 

See if Airbnb will help with the reservation for July so there will not be a cancelation review on your listing and the potential guest will not lose their money.   Hope things continue to go well for you.

Best, Robert and Nancy