key exchange?

Sarah2
Level 1
New York, NY

key exchange?

Hi Airbnb-ers,

I'm new to the community, and I am hoping to rent my NYC bedroom while I'm travelling for the holidays. I am leaving on the 14th of December, but most of my inquiries are for later dates, so I wouldn't be here to check people in. What's a safe and professional way to provide my guests with keys prior to their arrival?

Thanks!

17 Replies 17
Sebastian191
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi AirBnBer's ,

If you are looking for a Key Exchange Service in the United Kingdom, I would like to introduce you to Parcelly. Parcelly’s key exchange service provides a simple, secure and cost-efficient solution for your needs. The Parcelly app allows you to have complete control over your keys.

Currently we have more than 1500+ key-exchange locations spread across the UK (300+ only in London), served through local businesses.  All our locations are open late (many 24 hours) and on weekends.

The process is very simple:

• Download our application
  • Choose your preferred location
  • Sign-up to one of our key-exchange models
  • Deposit your keys at your preferred location
  • Share your collection pin with your guest
  • Track your keys

We also have a 24/7 support team to assist with any queries.

Please take a look at our website for details of how to sign up and our competitive pricing: http://www.parcelly.com/partnerships/key-exchange.

Best Regards,

Laura

Hi everyone - just an update from KeyNest!

KeyNest in now available in 1800 locations across the UK, France, Italy, Ireland, Portugal and Switzerland, with Spain coming soon! 

Like Marc said, KeyNest is the easiest way to hand over keys to guests when you can't meet them in person - you can just drop them off at your local store and let your guests in by sharing a code with them. KeyNest keys are stored securely and monitored at all times and most of our locations are open 24/7! You can found out more at keynest.com/airbnb-key-exchangekeynest locations.png

We're also an official partner of Airbnb through the Host Assist programme so you can use your Airbnb account to login to KeyNest.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for new KeyNest Stores locations 🙂

Ed - Team KeyNest

Fadi23
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

You can also use BuzzerBoy to simplify your key exchange. Using the BuzzerBoy app or portal, you can create a passcode. Its an English word chosen at random from a dictionary. You can give this passcode to your guest. When they arrive, they simply dial your intercom code from the building lobby, and authenticate themselves using the passcode you gave them. You can change, or deactivate the passcode using your smartphone or computer at anytime. You can also deactivate BuzzerBoy at anytime using the app or portal, and it will be done in real-time.