linking listings

linking listings

I looked throw all previously posted messages and it looks to me that the way listing liking it is designed by Airbnb creates for users a lproblem.

Please, correct me if I am wrong, but the way it works to day - if we assume that I have 3 listings A,B and C. The website allows to link these listings ONLY in one of three possible ways:

A  - as primary       or      B – primary         or            C - primary        

- B                                     - A                                    -  A

- C                                      -  C                                   -   B

If you block the primary calendar  A in (A - primary and B, C  - sub-primary)  both sub-primary calendars are updated - this works OK

But if you block one of the sub-primary calendars  for e.g.  B in  (A - primary and B, C  - sub-primary), then only A  and B are blocked  but C will stay open.

This design is in my opinion a mistake because one now have to remember to go and manually   block calendar C.

THIS IS NOT GOOD.

1 Reply 1
Candy-And-John0
Level 1
Coos Bay, OR

I just provided feedback to Airbnb for this very problem.  We have 3 bedrooms in our home and we only book to one group of guests at a time.  The 3 options for a guest to book are: 1 bedroom, a combination of 2 bedrooms, or a combination of all 3 bedrooms.

Technical support has indicated that it is only possible to select one of the three options as the parent listing, and link the other two options as child listings.  This works fine if the parent listing is booked, but if either ot the child options are booked the other calendars are not blocked.

I would seem like an option to link multiple listing's calendars to each other would be useful to hosts with similar situations.