multiple charges

Ellen316
Level 1
East Java, Indonesia

multiple charges

Hi, I tried to book a place and put in my credit card number but on the website it said that my credit card was declined so I tried a few times. However it kept getting declined so I put in another credit card. The second credit card went through but apparently airbnb charged my first credit card three times. I am from Indonesia and there is no phone number for airbnb in Indonesia. How can I get a refund? Please help??

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ellen316

In any case of unathorised or duplicate charges to your card or bank account, your first port of call is your card issuer. They have a duty to refund you and then settle the issue with AirBnB. They will be able to see information you cant, and will see that it's a duplicated transaction. 

This is much easier and faster than trying to get someone from AirBnB to speak to you and arrange a refund

The truth is that AirBnB also has to check how the transaction went and why he received card refusal message despite his card was being charged every time.  If that really happened than there is serious mistake on an AirBnB side. You can't say the payer issuing bank is the only side in this matter. AirBnB took a great deal of responsibility in payment execution and must held responsible for such mistakes.