no clients when before they abounded

Susan21
Level 5
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile

no clients when before they abounded

Now I have no clients when before I had one at least every month.  I have not changed. Why has Airbnb black listed me?

6 Replies 6
Susan21
Level 5

obvious, i have no clients when before I had at least one per month.

Why have I been black listed?

Raquel13
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Susan21, it happens to hosts all the time; I used to have inquiries and bookings made every day and now I rarely get any contacts from prospective guests. Have you checked to see if your listing is showing when people make a search in your area?

Susan21
Level 5

Yes, I am on page three. No one sees my lisitng. I am listed as a room when I insist I have a stylish B&B with the most unique views of the Andes of any apartment in Santiago. I am made to  compete with people offering hostel prices with cheap home center furniture. One thing is that hostile type room to rent and another is a homey, cozy B&B  with stylish antique furnishings. Air Bnb does not recognize the difference and therefore excludes me from the market of guests looking for my type of listing. 

After all these years of supporting me, I do not understand why now I am excluded from their listings

@Susan21

I don't think that this is anything personal against you; why don't you contact airbnb?

Susan21
Level 5

I do, one rep says I should raise my price, the next one says I should lower my price.

I have the impression that these so called reps have no clue otherwise I would be rejenerating rentals.

Essentially, my question is how can I find professional assistence?

Susan21
Level 5

I have contacted Airbnb. One "rep" says I should increase my price, the next one says I should lower my price.

I find that so unprofessional. I think we deserve professional advise especially as we are long time hostesses. Now they treat us like rubbish. 

Do you kick your dog out on the street and stop feeding him if you tire of him? That's what Airbnb has done to me.