post by city/getting started as as host

Eitan4
Level 1
New York, NY

post by city/getting started as as host

Hi all. I'm brand new to AirBnB, and I'm looking to become a host in NYC. Now I'm still figuring out how to navigate the discussion forums, but is there any way to post by city? There's got to be. I just want to be able to reach out to local hosts, since they'd be most informed about any questions I might have in trying to become a host in Manhattan. Of course, you may be seeing this from anywhere in the world, but I've found AirBnB difficult to use, this being one example. 

As another example, in trying to get in touch with other local hosts, how do you simply message someone by clicking a button on their profile? Can you not do that on this website? It seems the only way to message anyone is by profiling yourself as a guest and trying to book with them as a host. This just makes it so difficult to get in touch with the hosts in my area, from whom I would ask for basic introductory help in getting started. 

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Eitan4

Yes, you can go to Discus (top menu) and click on Cities and find yours...

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Eitan4,

Welcome to the Community Center! 

As @Gerry-And-Rashid0 said, we do have City Boards where you can connect with local hosts, here is the link for the New York City board. We also have Home Sharing Clubs, which are also a place to discuss local issues. You do need to have an active listing to use these boards however. You can get to the Home Sharing Clubs under the same 'Discuss' menu at the top of the screen. Here is the link for the New York Home Sharing Club.

Here in the Community Center, you can message other hosts via the Direct Messaging system. Just hover over their profile photo when you're logged in and on any board and click on 'Send Message', as below:

Send message.png

Let me know if you have any other questions about the Community Center! I hope you enjoy using it.

Kirstie