pricing

Answered!
Rozalyn0
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

pricing

I am so confused about the pricing system. I thought air b n b added their cut onto the listing. i am now finding that they have taken their cut from my base price! So I charge 28pounds they pay me 26.99! So what do i actually charge?!! I need to get paid 28.00

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rozalyn0  Airbnb adds their guest fee on top of your base price when guests book, but their host fee comes out of your base price. The host fee is approximately 3%, so raise your prices accordingly so you end up with 28 pounds.

View Best Answer in original post

25 Replies 25
Rina45
Level 1
Ladismith, South Africa

Hi every one, I am a new kid in the block.   Hosting a few times now and also have a question about pricing. Maybe i missed the answer some where.  

I can host 5 people in two rooms with a livingroom and kitchen.  So I prefer to book the full apartment for a booking even if it is only 2 people.

I want them to be able to understand what they are paying for: 2 people will pay less than 5.  

At the moment i have a 25$ per night. that is a 1 person per night fee, but a group of 5 can book on this price  for a  few nights and i realise that I made a big mistake some where.

Rozalyn0
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ok so I am just setting up and from what I understand you set the price as the full capacity price but there is also an option for single guest, 2 guests etc. I made the same mistake as you and had so many people contacting me thinking they were getting a full party for the price of one person. As if! I cant remember where about it is on the setting but its something like extra guests. I'm sure you'll get loads of more experienced replies soon. Good luck 

Deborah417
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

A guest has booked and said they will be 1. Since I know they are 2 I asked them to update their booking. There should be no financial change since I have it set to only charge more after 2 guests. They have come back to me and said that in changing from 1 to 2 the price increased by £70 total, they have even sent me a screen shot. Why is thIs happening, are Airbnb charging more since there is an extra guest.

Avril33
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi,  I have changed my base price, but when a booking comes through it charges the old price help

Dhanushka2
Level 1
Weligama, Sri Lanka

Hi I need to know how i can add discount for my nightly price 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Dhanushka2  Its available in "Rule sets" on your calender as in the photo below.

When logged into airbnb go to your profile photo and from the drop down box click "Account", on the next screen click "Settings", now switch on the professional hosting tools.

Untitled3.png

Alexandra837
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

hi, maybe someone can help me understand how is actually working with pricing. i have an appartment in Bucharest which is large 100 m2, so i have put is available for 6 people, in may for example the property was fully booked (short trips so 2-3 nights 3-5 even 6 people once), the consumption for electricity and gas increased, the cleaning every time, at a rate of 38 euro per night entire apartment. in June i changed price with 45 per night, i have almost no bookings and i checked i have seen that guests if they want to book it appears the price of 67 euro per night.... i dont understand anything because me i have fixed fprice of 45, so i dont know why it changes (the fees ,etc), and i increased the price also because during summer air conditioning is working a lot so increase again in electricity, can someone help me understand how is this working? why i have 45 per night and it appears 67? and have no bookings... of course 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Alexandra837 

Airbnb add their Service Fee on top of your published rate base fee which pushes your total fees up. As well as this they take a fee from you directly from your base fee. 

Alexandra837
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

so what should i do..? i increased from 38 to 45 euro which is really not a big increase and for a 100 m2 apartment with high costs... 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

45€ for 6 people is still very cheap @Alexandra837. I looked at similar properties and they have the same price for 2-4 people. Maybe try improving your listing, add some photos. As I see there are quite a lot of listings so the competition is big. You shouldn't lower your price just to get booked, what is the point of that if you don't make any money, this a business after all

thank you very much for your answer, the thing is that i am new in this, i started 4 months ago, i was testing until now 🙂 and to be honest i am not very satisfied , i was also thinking about the photos to change them, so i will definitely do this. i was thinking is Bucharest and is cheaper than other countries, then the fact that i didnt had reviews (as it was at he begining) and i compromised, but if it continues like this its not really worht the effort and the expenses i have.