question about star rating

Pete3178
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

question about star rating

We have been hosting for just under 2 months. We are very much enjoying it . We have had 14 reviews all totally positive and glowing , and just received Super host status.  All the reviews have received 5 stars , but one which received a 4. This person did leave a great review with many nice things to say about the extra touches. 

So...I m just wondering how the review works for the guests who stay. Can anyone shed any light on this for us ?

3 Replies 3
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Pete3178  On page 12 of the following post there is a rundown of what the review process looks like for guests (it's exhausting 😣).

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/the-very-first-question-asked-of-the-guest-in-the-review...

If you're wondering how you could get a  4, rather than a 5, from a guest who left a glowing written review and appeared very happy with their stay, well....you are not the first (and certainly won't be the last) to ponder that question, as a quick search of this forum with some key words will reveal. 

It is a bit disheartening to receive anything less than 5 but have no feedback to go along with it. How is one to know what needs improving?

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Pete3178 

I once got 3 stars from a guest because I did not speak french. 

I live in London, where i Airbnb my spare room. I am Brazilian. I speak Portuguese, Italian and Spanish. 

With time, you realise that there is no way to please everyone...

Janet1131
Level 1
Nacton, United Kingdom

Hi, We have been hosting since June this year and loving it! We have had 30 reviews and 29 of these have given us a 5 star rating and like Pete have had 1 that was glowing but rated us at 4. They gave us low scores for accuracy and location. This is even more frustrating when you know that the guest had lived in the area herself for a number of years! My question is - when do we get to the point of moving back to 5 star? (We are currently showing 4.97...??)