"We don't recognize this device"

John921
Level 2
Nevada City, CA

"We don't recognize this device"

Over the last 10 days, I've been unable to log into my Airbnb account without receiving a pop-up saying "We don't recognize this device" and demanding a code (subsequently auto-sent to me via e-mail, Facebook, etc.) before I can proceed. As has been the case for the last 18 months, I'm using Safari and Chrome on a desktop Mac. There's never a follow-up prompt asking if I want Airbnb to remember this device. All of which was no problem the first few times, but now it's occurred countless times and is getting a bit aggravating. Any tips for a resolution would be greatly appreciated. 

3 Replies 3
Amy621
Level 2
St Paul, MN

I've been having the same problem.  I suspect I may have changed a setting in Chrome or on my computer, but I can't figure out what it is.  This started in the past week.

John921
Level 2
Nevada City, CA

After much back-and-forth with Airbnb bots (lots of automated responses to my queries) and actual reps, it appears someone was repeatedly attempting to log into my account, and my account was locked after each of multiple incidents. Changing my password seems to have solved the problem (at least for now!).

I’m experiencing the same problem too! So frustrating!