refund

Lesley65
Level 1
Châteauneuf-la-Forêt, France

refund

A guest who cancelled after paying about a month or 2 ago has requested a full refund. Having checked they did indeed pay for the night I am happy to make a full refund (he cancelled within our cancellation time limit so I have no idea why he he was charged or we were paid).  If i follow the the original request  mail on my dashboard to make the payment says "cancellation refund is not allowed when payout is already made", and i can't even send him a message via this way. So I tried to make the refund going via his original booking thread and whilst I could send him a mail saying I was trying to sort it out This way also wouldn't let me make a refund payment because of the pending request on my dashboard....

Any advice would be welcome as I would like to remboused him as quickly as possible.Thank you

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

If I understand your post, @Lesley65, the guest paid for the booking but I am not clear if the refund request happened after you were paid by Air BNB.  If so, you can use the "send/request" option on the reservation and send the refund.  Works for me so if it doesn't work for you, perhaps you need to contact Air BNB for assistance.  In case you need it, here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728