reporting a guest

Annie775
Level 2
Dionysos, Greece

reporting a guest

Despite my numerous requests, one of my guests did not supply his Passport number and permanent address. I need these for my Tax Office and it is a government requirement. I have written to this guest using the airbnb email address, have sent text messages to his private mobile and have also spoken to him on the phone albeit with no result. Can anyone advise me if airbnb can help me in this situation?

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I think all you can do is let the guest know that you will not be able to accept them checking in unless you receive this information @Annie775 

They have now already checked out, I am afraid.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Annie775   So you requested this information but still accepted the reservation, right?  You do not have any leverage with the guest once you accept the reservation so if your government requires this information you need to have it as a condition of acceptance.  Air BNB can only honor your denial or cancellation.

It would be against Airbnb's privacy policy to supply you with the guest's home address and/or passport number. If the guest isn't consenting to providing you these details, there's nothing else you can do.

If your local government is strict about this requirement, you will have to make the completion of a form with these details a precondition of check-in, and refuse access to those who don't comply. Of course this should be clearly disclosed in your listing, if it isn't already.