reservation change

Kenny76
Level 2
Dundee, United Kingdom

reservation change

Hi,

My guest has informed me that he will be 4 days late in arriving due to a typhoon in Japan. What I would like to do is free up the 4 days he will not now stay to see if I can rent them. If I can rent them out again I will refund 4 days money to my guest even although a refund is not due.

How do I go about this? I don't want to refund before I know that I will be able to rent out the 4 days.

Thanks,

Kenny

Kenny Mackinnon
4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kenny76

if the check-in date has not been reached, you (or the guest) can change the reservation and the days will be free on your calender.  If you don't want to do this, the guest can call Airbnb and they will probably refund anyway due to "extenuating circumstances". So there is not much choice for you.

If the check-in date has been reached, the guest maybe can seek compensation from his travel inssurance.

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kenny76

If the booking is still to start, Ask the guest to go to "TRIPS", click on Change or Cancel, and change the dates.

You will receive a message to accept this.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Kenny76  As @Emiel1  says extinuating circumstances will factor in here. You are going to get paid for those days period. So either you or the guest need to do as @Roberta2 says and Alter the days now, so you can possibly get another booking. 

Kenny76
Level 2
Dundee, United Kingdom

The problem is that if the guest changes the reservation to arrive later the price actually rises considerably even though he would be staying for a shorter period. I'm not exactly sure why there is such a big difference. 

It doesnt make sense for my guest to change the reservation if he is going to pay more but that means that I can not free up the days on my calendar. And, if I can't free up the dates and re-rent them I can't give the refund that I wanted to give due to the circumstances.

It seems complicated to me so I'm just going to leave it as is and my guest misses out on a partial refund.

I appreciate everyone's help.

Kenny Mackinnon