resisting and reinstating superhost status

resisting and reinstating superhost status

HI... we have been superhosts for many years... never lost the status.... 5 star reviews from day 1...

but we took our home off the active list and participated in airbnbs 'open/ program whereby we opened our home to victims of the Sonoma fire who had lost their home.  Fire victims have been living in our home for over a year.  We are now back home and would like to relist but want to return to our super host status.... the status we were when we went on hold.....

seems like a fair policy.  does anyone have any experience with speaking with a super host (or other representative) a name or number to possibly address this? any experience with reinstating super host status without starting from 0?  suggestions appreciated...

thanks, Leslie

9 Replies 9
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Leslie-And-Rob0 

to get a superhost status you need to host at least 10 groups in the past 12 months or 100 nights over at least 3 completed stays.

If you hosted just 1 group in the past year then you lost your superhost status. No matter if they were fire victims staying for free or regular long term tenants, the fact is you were not a host but a landlord.

You may get it back after 3 months if you start hosting short term again.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

I'm not convinced your advice is correct.

I don't know much, but just checked  in HELP . Type: OPEN HOMES' The last subject relates to Reviews:'

How do reviews work for Open Homes?

All reviews on Airbnb are written by hosts and guests, except for reservations booked by staff members from our nonprofit partners.

In that case, the staff member who booked the reservation will write the review on behalf of the guest. If the host writes a review, it will be posted to the staff member’s account.

Hosts and guests have 14 days after checkout to write a review. All reviews on Airbnb must follow Airbnb's Review Policy.

It is not required to maintain a 50% review rate on Open Homes reservations to qualify for Superhost status.

@Leslie-And-Rob0 

Thank you for this info @Alon1  I didn't know about it until now. But... it's about reviews, not about other superhost requirements such as the number of groups hosted past year.

The best would be if @Leslie-And-Rob0  contact Airbnb and find it out directly.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Fully agree best is contact Airbnb.

I just imagined if criteria for Review is different so would the rest be as well, not to mention that Airbnb would take care of these special hosts who offer their homes for free! 

But best not to imagine anything of course....

"It is not required to maintain a 50% review rate on Open Homes reservations to qualify for Superhost status"

Just to clarify, as of July 1 of this year, it's no longer required for any  host to maintain a 50% review rate to qualify for superhost status.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susan17 

Thanks for reminder! Forgot about that.

Not doing so much Airbnb homework these days!

in any case, It would be most considerate of Airbnb to award a special status for Open Homes Hosts, (e.g. 'SPECIAL HOST)'.

Absolutely agree, @Alon1 . Hosts who are kind-hearted and generous enough to offer their spaces under the Open Homes initiative should automatically be awarded/retain superhost status.. and  get a few other little perks too! 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Leslie-And-Rob0 

Personally I think you should keep it, the only way to find out is to ring the office.

Click the link for contact info:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

It's truly unfair that a host would get punished for opening their homes to people in crisis.