review

Answered!
Viviane30
Level 2
Thrakomakedones, Greece

review

I received a reservation by someone for a colleague. The colleague stayed, all was perfect. He says he has an Airbnb profile but for some obscure reason the office didn't let him do the reservation himself. Is there anyway I can write my review on his profile rather than the person who made the reservation? This is the 2nd time it is happening to me, but the first time the reservation was cancelled so there was no problem.

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Viviane30

No, there is no way to do this.

It is also against AirBnB policy to take 3rd party bookings and it means you are not covered by them in any way if there is a problem.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Viviane30

No, there is no way to do this.

It is also against AirBnB policy to take 3rd party bookings and it means you are not covered by them in any way if there is a problem.

Well, thank you guys for the prompt reply and thank you especially for the info re coverage. Didn't think about that really. Hmmm! I'll definitely make sure not to accept reservations that way in the future. I'll also tell my guest as I think the travel department of his office has been making many reservations this way. Wishing you a nice weekend.

@Gerry0And Rashid: Actually business travel can be booked by a third party, but there is a very specific procedure to do it. The host will get both the name of the traveler and the name of the booker. https://www.airbnb.com/third-party-booking

Viviane30
Level 2
Thrakomakedones, Greece

Ah... shedding a new light on the question. Interesting. Thanks Scott. Now how do I know the person booking for a colleague has gone through the right Airbnb channel?

Karen563
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

We had guests who messaged me later to say how thrilled they were with their stay, they wrote in the guest book, BUT they haven't left a review on Airbnb. I even asked them to do that please. 

Viviane30
Level 2
Thrakomakedones, Greece

Hi Karen,

There is nothing one can do about this. People cannot be forced to leave a review and airbnb send several reminders, one of the few good things they are still good at!

I had a guest stay and they never left a reiview wither I emailed this guest because they took the room key home how can I get room key replaces?? it has been 4 weeks now?