reviews have changed

Ruthie12
Level 4
Oldenburg, IN

reviews have changed

I just previewed my listing and noticed that the reviews are no longer listed in chronological order.  Also specific sentences in some of the reiews have been changed to bold font.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

13 Replies 13
Romana19
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Přestaly mi chodit nabídky na rezervace,předtím stále,několik denně,jak vymazat zdvojenou nabídku na ubytování ? Nápověda neříká

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Ruthie12 

It seems to be something that they're playing around with. It appeared a week or two ago, and has been on and off since then. Each time the bold text happens, the reviews are in disarray in terms of chronological order. It's unclear why, though...

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Ruthie12 @Jennifer1421 @Romana19 

How are you finding the bold review highlights?
Do you like it?
Or not?
What about the messed up order of Reviews?

I'm okay with the bold sentences but I don't like the re-ordering of the reviews.  If I'm a guest I want to know what the other guests think about it now, not a year ago.  And I really hate that airbnb arbitrarily makes changes to my listing without letting me know.

@Helen427, I'm with @Ruthie12 - I'm not a fan of the chronological order being messed up. As folks have said on other threads, some people have 3 year old reviews showing on their first page, which doesn't help travelers much. I expect that's a piece of code that's messed up with the change and will be resolved. Since this initiative keeps disappearing and reappearing, it seems they're still working on it.

Regarding the bold text, I kind of like it. I do have one review that is kind of famous within my family though, where the guest called me a "stud", which we find bizarre. I take a lot of rucking about it around here. Wouldn't you know, that line in the review is bold. I guess the algo finds it complimentary 🙂

@Ruthie12, @Helen427 :
Absolutely hate  the on-chronological reviews and bolding. When it tested on my listing the reviews were all recent but ordered by length of review. Thus the first review was the longest, which happened to be a false and extremely negative review. Adding insult to injury they bolded the worst phrase in the entire review. This, of course, killed our business until they returned things to normal. Now the review is a couple pages back but the phrase remains highlighted.

Sean119
Level 10
Blue Hill, ME

Hate the new review listings...makes no sense for guests interested in a current experience for their future trip.

@Ruthie12, @Sean119 , @Jennifer1421 , @Helen427 , @Romana19 :

As of tonight the reviews in my area have returned to chronological order. Let's hope they stay that way!

Yes, mine are back too.  Thankfully.  I wonder what changes are yet to come.  Maybe airbnb just wants to keep us on our toes.

ditto

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I asked a CS rep about this. She said the reviews appear depending on where the viewer is, so UK viewers see UK reviews, Polish viewers see Polish reviews et.c

@Mike-And-Helen0  The CS rep wasn't correct, I believe, plus they keep mucking about with the review order, so what might be true today may not be tomorrow. 

UK viewers wouldn't see the UK reviews first, the reviews from the country where your listing is located appear first, then the others. So in my case, the reviews from Mexican guests appear first, whether someone is viewing in the US, or Mexico or the UK. At least that's what I've found to be true.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah0 977  maybe that is what she meant.