sama day reservation and cancellation refunds

Laurie332
Level 1
Port Orchard, WA

sama day reservation and cancellation refunds

I am a new host and received notification of a reservation in the early evening for that night.  It took me over an hour to respond because both computers were down.  When I accepted the reservation, I received notification that the person had cancelled..  Then I got notice that I could refund the person.  I clicked the button to do the refund and it gave option to pay out and asked for my credit card number.  I am confused by this as it should have nothing to do with my credit card.  The site says the refund would be automatic in this kind of a case.  Do I foolow through and give refund with my credit card?  That seems really odd.

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laurie332  This sounds like some kind of scam or your account has been hacked. Do not authorize any refund, nor give your credit card info!!- contact Airbnb ASAP (Contact info on pinned post on the first page of the help forum here) to find out what is going on. If a guest books, and cancels an hour later, there is nothing for the host to refund- you haven't been paid and the guest would have automatically been refunded by Airbnb when they cancelled. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laurie332  P.s. as a new host, I strongly suggest you change your settings so as not to receive same day bookings. Set it to one or two days advance notice, until you get more experienced with the platform and with vetting prospective guests. Same-day bookings can often be problematic, in many ways.

Thank you.  I have notified Airbnb and will change the setting.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Laurie332 

sounds like a scam. Airbnb already has your bank account number, why would they ask it again?